Friday, September 20, 2013

This is what happens when you're stressed....


So my summer has been a little stressful to say the least. I've been busy with orders and throw in a personal crisis and the scale tips my life into chaos.
Recently I was bombarded with three orders for dinnerware and told that said orders were due in one week.

Ha!

I don't think so.

When things are crazy busy, it takes me 6 to 8 weeks to get orders out the door. So when I asked why it was I hadn't been informed about the orders earlier, I was told that the emails I was supposed to get daily for 7 weeks telling me the orders were waiting for me, weren't being sent.

Lovely.

So I promised to get these orders out the door within 4 weeks and everyone was happy.

Except me, apparently.

In my rush to get things produced and out, I misread the actual orders. Where there was one place setting, I assumed it was for a set of four. And that's exactly what I made...four times as many place settings for each order.
And that's what each customer received.
Yup.
That's how awesome my summer has been.
So while I'm suffering through day 7 of a particularly stubborn headache that JUST. WONT. GO. AWAY., I'm also suffering through the humiliation of having to explain how it was I managed to fuck up so bad.
What can I say?
I'm human. And under a lot of stress.

People keep saying to me that being so busy is a good problem to have but I beg to differ. I am painfully aware that one can kill their business by being TOO busy, just as easily as you can kill a business by being not busy enough. And stuff like this, is exactly how one does that.

So clearly I need some extended time off. And a bottle of wine. And since I don't have time for the holiday, the wine will just have to do. Maybe I'll throw in some tequila for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment